Billboard.com has compiled a list of “Music’s Top 10 Most Powerful Celebrity Couples.” According to Nielsen SoundScan the couples were ranked based on the pair’s combined U.S. album sales from 1991-present. Check out the list below to see where Nick and Mariah land on the list.
1. GARTH BROOKS & TRISHA YEARWOOD – 78.9 Million
2. JAY-Z & BEYONCE – 62.3 Million
3. TIM McGRAW & FAITH HILL – 60.9 Million
4. MARIAH CAREY & NICK CANNON
Since beginning his career on Nickelodeon, Nick Cannon has forged a successful (if sporadic) musical career, highlighted by his 2003 self-titled solo debut. However, the 31-year-old’s sales cannot hold a candle to that of his 42-year-old wife, Mariah Carey, who has spent over two decades pushing the boundaries of mainstream R&B and looks to do so again with her upcoming studio effort. The happy couple has moved a combined 54 million copies — 53.77 million of which were courtesy of Carey.
5.CHAD KROEGER & AVRIL LAVIGNE – 34.3 Million
6. GWEN STEFANI & GAVIN ROSSDALE – 32.7 Million
7. ALICIA KEYS & SWIZZ BEATZ – 17.3 Million
8. JUSTIN BIEBER & SELENA GOMEZ - 11.2 Million
9. BLAKE SHELTON & MIRANDA LAMBERT – 9.6 Million
10. SKRILLEX & ELLIE GOULDING – 1.1 Million